This is a souped up, or luxury version of an Italian classic; bolognese sauce. Here we’re making it on rather lean meat, roe deer, which is complemented by smoked bacon. A fantastic combination!
- 28 oz roe deer (ground)
- 10 oz smoked bacon
- 4 tbsp conc. beef stock
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1.3 cups cooking cream
- 0.5 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the deer through a grinder, together with the smoked bacon.
- Chop the onion finely, and fry it in butter in a frying pan. When fried, move it over to a deep pan.
- Split the minced meat in two batches, and fry them one after another. This is to get a good sear, instead of boiling it in the frying pan.
- When fried, move the meat over to the deep pan also. Add the beef stock, tomato paste, spices and cream, and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Serve it with some fresh pasta.