Here’s a real nice way of grilling a whole cauliflower head, with a matching tasty dip sauce.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp grated pecorino cheese (parmesan works just as well)
- 1 cup natural greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- Start by removing the green leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut off the stem a little if needed, so it can be placed flat on a surface. Mix the zest from the lemons with the olive oil and brush the oil evenly all over the cauliflower head.
- Light the grill and prepare it for indirect grilling, aim for 180-200° C / 350-400° F. Place the cauliflower head on the indirect side, add 1-2 wood chunks for smoke flavor, and close the lid and leave it for 45 minutes. Now sprinkle the grated parmesan over it, put the lid back on and grill it for another 10 minutes. Check doneness by poking it with a sharp knife. The thick stem should be al dente, the smaller bouquettes a little softer.
- Mix the ingredients for the dip sauce as soon as the cauliflower is on the grill. Use more or less chili and honey if you wish, but let it sit in the fridge while the cauliflower is on the grill, this way the flavors have time to blend.