We’re smoking a veal roast in an offset smoker. Let it cool, slice it and enjoy some incredibly juicy and flavorful cold cuts.
- 3.3 lbs veal roast (de-boned)
- 2 tbsp Hank's Signature Seasoning
- Start by removing the net the roast is in. Trim off any membranes and fat.
- Apply an even layer of the rub all around.
- Fire up your grill/smoker and prepare it for indirect heat. Have it running at 120-130° C / 250-265° F. If you're using a kettle grill add some wood chunks for smoke flavor.
- Add the meat to the smoker/grill and smoke it until done, which is when its internal temp hits 62° C / 144° F. This usually takes 1.5-2h.
- Remove the meat from the grill/smoker and let it rest and cool off. I place it on a piece of aluminum foil and tent it loosely. Leave it like that in room temp for 1 hour, then it's time to slice.
- Now slice it very thin and enjoy on a sandwich, as is, or with some potato salad.