Ceviche is a wonderful dish that is easy to make, consisting of lime-marinated fish. It has a lovely citrus freshness and can be made with various types of fish.
- 14 oz cod (or other white fish)
- 14 oz salmon
- 2 shallots
- 1 Spanish red chili pepper
- 1 mango
- 10 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro
- salt (to taste)
- The fish may need freezing for 3 days to make it safe to eat. Check with your local fish monger. If that is the case, place it in the freezer for 3 days, then thaw it and use.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots. Finely chop the chili pepper.
- Peel and dice the mango in 0.5 inch cubes.
- Remove any skin from the fish, and dice in 0.5 inch cubes.
- Distribute all fish, mango, onion, pepper evenly in small serving bowls/glasses. Squeeze all lime juice from the limes and distribute the juice evenly in the bowls. Stir gently, and then cover them with saran wrap and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take the bowls/glasses out from the fridge and add salt to taste. Add plenty cilantro for decoration and flavor and serve.