Corn Bread is one of my many favorite southern style sides. It’s a sweet bread made with corn flour on the grill.
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 7 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz butter (4 oz => 8 tbsp)
- Start your grill, prepare it for indirect heat. We want it running at 200° C / 400° F.
- Melt the butter slowly in a pan. Pour it into a bowl, together with everything but the dry ingredients. Whisk together until blended.
- Mix the dry ingredients (corn flour, wheat flour, sugar, salt, backing powder) in another bowl and stir well.
- Now mix it all together in one bowl. Whisk until homogenous.
- Pour the batter into the cast iron skillet (10" / 25 cm), and smooth out the surface if necessary.
- Place the skillet on the indirect side and close the lid. Let it bake for 20-30 minutes. Check to see if it is done with a wooden toothpick. Stick it vertically into the bread and pull back out. When there's no bread/dough residue sticking to the toothpick, the bread is done.
- Bring it in and let it cool off for 10 minutes before serving.