Pig Candy, or Candied Bacon, is a decadent bbq snack that you make in short time on the grill.
Servings 4 people
- 13 oz bacon strips (thick)
- 4 tbsp Hank's KC Royale Rub
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Fire up your grill, prepare it for high indirect heat. We want it running at 200° C / 400° F.
- Start by placing the individual bacon strips on a cutting board.
- Mix the rub and the sugar in a shaker and shake well to blend. If you want it even sweeter then do a 50/50 mix of rub/sugar. It all depends on how much sugar there is in the rub itself, as well as your own flavor preferences.
- Now sprinkle liberal amounts of the rub/sugar mix to cover the bacon strips. Then flip them all and cover the other side.
- Place 2-3 wood chunks for smoke flavor on the glowing embers when the grill is up to temp.
- Place the wire rack with the bacon strips on the indirect side of the grill and close the lid.
- Let them cook for 20-30 minutes until they're done and the sugar has caramelized.
- Bring them in and let it all cool off for 5-10 minutes before digging in.