Thai noodles is a great dish, and is a nice change from the ordinary. This is one of those perfect mid-week dishes, as you can make it in less than 20 minutes.
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 large banana shallots, or 6 regular shallots
- 2 green bell peppers
- 6 oz noodles
- 2 cans coconut milk (13.5 oz each)
- 2 veal bouillon cubes
- 2 tsp yellow curry
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red curry (optional, if you like a hot dish)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Start by chopping the shallots, and fry them in the oil in a pan for a few minutes.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, and cut them in quarters
- Remove the pits from the bell peppers, and chop them in roughly the same size as the mushrooms.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan, and when it starts to boil, you add the mushrooms, bell peppers, bouillon cubes and spices. Let it simmer for 3 minutes, then serve in bowls.