Tempeh is a great vegetarian product. In this recipe we’re making burgers out of it!
- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 4 oz Tempeh
- 0.35 oz mache lettuce
- 0.5 mango
- 1 tbsp truffle mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp grated Pecorino cheese
- Start by cutting out burger patties from the Tempeh. They should be 4 oz and have a diameter of 4-5 inches.
- Pour or brush 1 tbsp of the soy sauce on each side of the Tempeh burger and leave it to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Peel the mango and cut (almost pencil-) thick slices.
- Fire up the grill and prepare it for high direct heat.
- When the grill is ready, place the Tempeh burger patties on the indirect side and close the lid. Leave them like that for 5-10 minutes, to get them warmed up.
- Now move them over to the direct heat and sear them for a few minutes, flipping often.
- Add the pecorino cheese on top of each patty when they are done, and move them away from the heat.
- Grill the mango slices on both sides until they get a nice char on the surface.
- Bring the Tempeh and mango in, and start building your burger. I start with bread, then some bbq sauce, a burger, some lettuce, mango and more lettuce. Spread some truffle mayo on the top bun and place it on the burger. Done!