How can you not love lobster rolls? To me it is a bit of a heathen dish, chopping up lobster to serve in a hot dog bun. But it tastes great, though, and is somewhat of an American classic. Here’s how to make it.
- 3 l.5 lb lobsters, cooked and ready to eat
- 0.4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fennel
- salt and black pepper
- butter (for spreading the buns)
- Cut the lobsters in half by placing the tip of a large knife in the middle of the back shield, pressing down. Take out the tail meat and the claw meat.
- Save one piece of the claw meat from each lobster to use for decoration. Chop it roughly with a knife, and place in a bowl with the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it rest in the fridge for 30-60 minutes, so the flavors come together.
- Spread the hot dog buns with butter, and fill them with the lobster stuffing. Place the saved piece of claw meat on top of each bun for decoration. Serve it with some lemon wedges on the side.