Here’s an Italian classic, this is a super tasty way to smoke a pork belly.
Servings 4 people
- 3.3 lb pork belly with skin
- 2 tbsp Hank’s KC Royale Rub
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 bunch sage
- 2 tbsp sweet mustard
- Start by cutting off the skin. Now trim off any rib tips (bones) still left.
- Place the pork belly with the skin side down and cut lengthwise along the longest edge almost all the way through. Stop when there's 1 inch left. This is so we can open it up like a book.
- Now brush the inside with a layer of mustard. Then sprinkle the tarragon and sage on top.
- Roll the meat up, roll it tight, from the thin end, and tie it up with butcher's twine.
- Apply the rub on all sides.
- Fire up the grill, prepare it for indirect heat. Try to keep it at 130° C / 265° F. Place a few chunks of wood on the glowing embers for smoke flavor. Place the porchetta on the grates and close the lid. Smoke it for approximately 3-4 hours, it is done when the meat temp is 95° C / 203° F.
- Now bring the meat in, and let it rest for 30 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil, before slicing and serving.