Rhubarb chutney is a great side that you can make quickly. It is great as a dessert with ice cream, but even better with grilled meats. Change the sweetness to your liking by using more or less honey.
- 1 lb rhubarbs (stems)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 0.5-1 cup honey (depends on desired sweetness)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Rinse the rhubarb stems with cold water and chop them into half inch bits. Peel and finely chop the onion. Put it all in a pan together with 0.5 cups (1 dl) of the honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger and salt. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Taste it and see if you want more sweetness. Add more honey if needed.