Topside beef is used for roast beef among other things. It is lean and takes well to flavoring. Here we rub it generously with ground black pepper. It is cooked using indirect heat on the grill as usual.
- 2.2 lbs topside beef (boneless beef inside)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- Trim any membranes off the meat. Apply the salt evenly on all sides.
- Continue with the black pepper. Now let the meat rest in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Leave it on the grill until the inner temperature reaches 55° C / 130° F. Remove it, wrap it in aluminum foil and a towel, and let it rest for 40-50 minutes before serving. The resting period is very important, especially for a cut like this.
- I serve it thinly sliced with some cherry tomatoes that I put on the grill for the last ten minutes of the cook.