Sometimes you just want some breakfast buns that are quick to bake but still taste great. If that’s the case, then this is a great recipe.
- 1 packet yeast (ca 50 grams)
- 0.2 cups oil
- 1.9 cups water
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1.3 cups graham flour
- Mix oil, syrup, water and salt, and make sure it is 37° C/ 98° F. Crumble the yeast, add it and stir.
- Start adding the flour, graham flour goes first, then the wheat flour. The dough should still be a bit sticky.
- Put a kitchen towel over the bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough on a flour-covered surface, and split the dough into buns, 8-12 depending on what size you prefer.
- Put the towel over them and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 225° C / 450° F.