Here’s grilled lamb racks, caramelized with honey and paired with a tangy basil dip. Tasty!
- 18-21 oz lamb racks (2 racks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch basil
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon (the juice from it)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Add all the ingredients for the dip sauce in a small/tall bowl and blend it together with a blender. Leave it out in room temp while grilling.
- Trim the meat, removing fat and silvery membranes.
- Dry brine the meat with the salt. Keep them in the fridge while starting the grill.
- Fire up the grill, this time without the lid or any wood for smoking. We're going to direct grill these. Make sure you have a fire on one side only, so you can adjust temperature by moving the meat sideways if it gets too hot.
- Place the lamb racks on the grill. Turn them every five minutes for even cooking. I don't place them over direct heat right away, but a little to the side, to retain maximum juiciness.
- When the racks are getting close to the done temp (56-58° C, or 133-136° F), i.e. when the meat is at 50-51° C or 122-124° F, it's time to brush them with the honey. Now caramelize the honey over high direct heat.
- Cut the lamb racks in between each rib and serve with the dip sauce in small bowls.