This is a vinegar based slaw, a great match for pulled pork and other bbq dishes. If you are looking for mayonnaise based slaw then the recipe is here.
- 12 oz finely shredded cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 5 oz grated carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 7 fl.oz apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Shred the cabbage using a mandolin. Do the same with the bell pepper, and grate the carrot using a grater. Mix it all in a large pan. I mix it in a pan first, and then move it over to a serving bowl, makes it less messy.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a sauce pan and bring it to boil real quick. Take it off the stove and stir.
- Now pour the marinade over the cabbage mix in the pan, and stir well.
- Move the slaw from the pan to a serving bowl. Enjoy!