Here’s a meatier version of regular pork ribs. Dang juicy, dang tasty!
Servings 4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Start the grill 30 minutes
- 3-4 lbs thick pork ribs
- 4 tbsp Hank's KC Royale Rub
- The prep for thick pork ribs is real easy. Just apply the rub evenly on all sides but the bone side.
- Fire up your grill, prepare it for indirect grilling. Have it running at 265° F (130° C). Use the snake method if you’re using a kettle grill, or even better, a Slow ‘N Sear. Place the ribs on the indirect side, with a thermometer probe in the meat. Add some wood chunks for smoking on the glowing embers. Apple wood chunks works well. Now close the lid and wait. A cut like this usually takes 4-5 hours.
- You know the ribs are done when one of two things happen:A. The meat temp hits 95° C / 203° F, orB. The meat is probe tender. Wiggle the temp probe and see how it feels. When the meat feels soft like (peanut) butter, it's done.
- Remove it, wrap it in two layers of aluminum foil and a thick towel (a faux cambro), and let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.