Satay sauce goes great with many dishes, both chicken and shrimp. Here’s a classic peanut sauce with good flavors. You can make it thicker if you want to brush it on as a marinade, or thinner to drizzle it over food like a sauce. This recipe is heavily inspired by Boltis who gave me the foundation.
- 5 oz peanuts (salted and roasted)
- 7 oz coconut milk (half a can)
- 14 oz coconut cream (one can, halve this if you want a thicker sauce to brush on as a marinade)
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 lime (zest + juice)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Pulse it a few times to chop the peanuts and blend the sauce. It should not be perfectly smooth.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan and let it simmer gently for 15 mintues. Stir every now and then.