Smashed Potatoes is a great way of adding lots of flavor to regular boiled potatoes. Here’s how!
- 2 lb potatoes
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- 1 tsk rosemary
- 0.25 tsk salt
- Rinse and wash the potatoes, but leave the skin on. Turn the oven on, set it to 400° F.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, i.e. just like normal. Get rid of the water.
- Place the potatoes on an oven proof sheet pan. With the help of a spatula, press down on the potatoes to smash them. You want them to be half the thickness of the original potato.
- Now sprinkle the herbs and the cheese evenly all over the potatoes. As a bonus, some melted butter here is a nice touch.
- Place the pan in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese. Keep an eye on it so the cheese doesn't burn. Now take out the pan and serve!